Sunday, September 15, 2013

Resurrection

Time to revive this thing! Tonight's post won't be all that interesting because i'm tired both physically and emotionally.

I am currently writing to you from our nation's capital, Washington DC. I will be here for the next two days after which I will fly off to my final destination that is Ukraine!

So far I have met my roommate who I will be bunking with while in DC. She seems rather with it and cool and is also a west coaster like me so we have been getting along splendidly.

On my way to the hotel I saw the Mall and the pillar thing that is currently under construction. I also saw the Capital building, the Jefferson monument, and a bunch of other stuff that I am sure is historically important but I wouldn't know.

Alas, though there are no pictures because I only saw these things in passing.

Tomorrow is our pre-orientation from 12-7 so hopefully in the morning I will be able to meander around DC a bit and take pictures of significant things.

I'll try to be as diligent as I possibly can with posting on this blog but I won't know until i'm in Ukraine what my internet access will look like or what my life schedule will look like. Regardless though, stay tuned for some awesome pictures, emotionally charged rants, and hilarious life outtakes.

-Jamie  

No comments: